Monday, October 27, 2008

Leona Sang It Best....

"Did you ever have a day where it all just came apart.
You thought that this would be the end, this would be the end, this would be the end. Did it ever hurt so bad
So vicious, cruel, or sad
You thought that nothing good could come, nothing good could come, nothing could come...."
Learning As We Go (click to listen) by Leona Naess



So, I really haven't been able to stop listening to Leona Naess's album Thirteens because it is that good. Anyway, this song has been striking a chord within me. Between last week and this week it feels like my world is imploding, and I've felt exasperated and unsure of what the next step is. I am hoping that the closing of doors means the opening of windows in my future... but only time will tell.

Amidst my stress and overwhelm-ed-ness and on the verge of crumbling, God drops me a line in the form of encouragement and love from a few members of the OMMS Art Club:

After returning to my room from an infuriating meeting on the brink of a breakdown, I look up and see my chalkboard look like this. I sat on a desk and cried.... THIS time not tears of frustration or anger, but of awe. There are times I need to be reminded why I am here - on this planet, in this state, in this city, and in THIS school. This was one of those such reminders - to remember how specific God's plan was to bring me to THIS VERY PLACE and how my job does matter.

My week went on to crumble further and this week finds me in a stressful tizzy trying to finish up things for the end of quarter (read GRADE PROJECTS) and get my students to pass the English quarterly assessment (only by a miracle), but I do have a peace about the fact that I am STILL called to this place and these kids.

Thank you Annika, Alexis, Joris, Rachel, Lauren, Julia, and Alyssa for helping me remember that.

PS One of Joris's comments made me laugh a LOT - "Lithuania will make it to FIFA World Cup 2010!!!" hahaha LOVE that kid

PPS What is up next for the week? New Music Tuesday (hopefully posted by Friday hahaha) and an update on my Forensic Science Seminar (which is TOTALLY awesome)!!!!

4 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

I'm sorry you've been having a rough couple of weeks. Can you come to dinner on Wednesday? We miss you!!

Randy and Terry said...

Oh, Meghan! I am so sorry you're struggling with life right now. Remember you are loved by many!!

amyB said...

You're awesome, meg. I agree with the kiddos!

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I just found your blog...I'm a twenty something rockstar musician/teacher just trying to find myself as well. I really enjoy your posts, just thought I'd share my music with you:

http://www.echosuite.com

Cheers,
Joe