Wednesday, August 20, 2008

08-08-08

My cousin Amy was married and celebrated with many other couples the "perfect" date of 08-08-08. She got married on friday to Nick. My family was there, it was fun and different (ask me later if you want to hear some stories). There were a few things that I loved:
  1. Being with my extended family - we only usually go to WI once a year, so it was nice to see everyone again
  2. Seeing my cousin Jackie, her husband, and her baby - I don't get to see Jackie often, even when we come once a year. Growing up, we were really close, so I love getting chances to see her
  3. Dancing with my siblings - It isn't often we let lose and even my brother got in on the action. The more times I spend this strange "adult" time with him, the more I think my brother is incredible and will make some girl an amazing husband.
  4. Staying in a hotel - It is way better than someone's floor and this one had a pool. Again, I had a great time hanging with my brother. We played variations of catch in the pool for 2 hours all by ourselves. He is great.
  5. Taking pictures - This is quickly becoming a beloved hobby of mine and I am also quickly becoming known as the family archivist. hahah But in all seriousness, my aunt asked me to take pictures with my camera all night. It was kind of fun to feel special and try and capture moments of this wedding through an eye that might have been different than their photographers
With that said, I decided to share some of my favorite, funniest, and,
in my opinion, best shots.
My handsome brother :)
Jackie's daughter, Xochitl (pronounced Zoh-schul)
Sister of the bride (and my cousin Britteny) looking for Amy (the bride).
FOB and Bride (Amy and Uncle John)
Proud Papa looking on to see his baby get married
"You may now kiss the bride." Amy and Nick Hirsch
My sister laughing because they couldn't start the music.
Honeymoon Fund
First Dance
Daddy/Daughter
Me Mum and Dad
My goofy brother DJ
My sister, Whitney, pretending to be Wilson from Home Improvement (because we watched it that day).
Mama and Xochi (my cousin Jackie & her baby)
My pretty cousin Angie (Jackie's sister)
And one more of the party: Emma, my brother DJ, my sister Whitney
(I love the look of the hair in this!)


It was quite a party, and we did have a great time. Congrats to Nick and Amy!

No comments: