Friday, August 15, 2008

We interrupt this regularly scheduled program...


I know I said I would post more about my adventures with Emma.... but I need to take a little break from that just to express my excitement!!!

Tomorrow brings a day in which I have been waiting from since April... yes, April.

Tomorrow night I will be at the lovely Nissan Pavilion to see my favorite band - The Counting Crows!!!!!!!

Words cannot explain the love I have for Adam Duritz. I can't even really explain it. In the traditional sense, he is not cute and he is old. But there is something that just makes me swoon. You're right, it doesn't make sense.... but I can't help it. I've thought about what I would say if Adam ever asked me to have his babies....

Anyway, not only will I be swimming in Adam's sea of swoon, beforehand I'll be enjoying other bands that I love. It is not too often that the opening act is someone that a) you've heard of or b) that you very much enjoy. That is not the case for this concert. Maroon 5 is joining CC on this tour. Thankfully, the night at Nissan CC will be closing, but I am sure that I will enjoy Maroon 5 as well. However, I am more excited for the other opening act - the incredibly talented, raw, and soulful Sara Bareilles. I have been a fan of hers since before she was on the radio and major stores carried her album. Her voice is amazing and her piano playing can make you weep. She is like the cherry on top of this awesome concert-sundae.

I had the opportunity to see Counting Crows last summer during their tour with Collective Soul and Live. It was the best concert of the summer and I knew that it would not, it COULD NOT, be the last time I see them live.

To make it even more exciting, Counting Crows has launched a new website LiveCountingCrows.com. This enables you to download or order on CD ANY of their live shows from this tour. Meaning, that not only will I get to enjoy an incredible concert, but I'll get to listen to it over and over again!!!

So here's to an incredible night with incredible music! AHHH!!! I LOVE CONCERTS!!!
Enjoy a few pics from last summer and considering I will be oh-so-close to the stage for this concert, you better believe I will post pics after!

hey adam, let's make out

4 comments:

Love or Nothing said...

SO EXCITED!!! adam, here we come!

amy@flexibledreams said...

I didn't know he was TEN YEARS older than me, or that he was born in Baltimore.

I think he's one of the hottest men alive. I don't know why either.

mpm said...

Wow, just wow.

amyB said...

You sneaky girl! I didn't know you started blogging again!

Yay for stalking you!