Monday, August 25, 2008

Wow... I survived the first day.

I don't have much to report on the subject because I am way too tired to think. It is interesting how my body needs to readjust to life in the classroom. My leg muscles are tight... I wonder what my mileage equivalent would be? I walk around my room A LOT! (I basically do not sit down from 7:30 to 1:45). My voice is scratchy... I know that I have not talked that much all summer! haha Ehh, by the end of the week, I'll be back to normal.

Well, in light of the first day, I'm going to share some pictures from Hannah's 2nd birthday. Why, you ask? Because the first day of school as a 6th grade teacher sometime feels a lot like herding around toddlers. You have to show them where the bathroom is, guide them where they are supposed to be, help them keep track of their belongings, and dry their tears when they are scared, lost, or confused. I often feel like mother duck trying to help all of her little ducklings get in a row. :)

Well, without further adieu... Hannah turns two!!! (Note: These pictures were taken with my point and shoot... I forgot the big boy :( )

Birthday Beauty



Christopher eating a hot dog in the hammock.



Hannah's friends :)


Blowing out the candles :)


Ella praying for cake? :)

Lexi and Erin


Hannah asked me to take this picture and then quickly said, "Lemme see"



Hannah REALLY liked this shirt


She also really liked her bike helmet :)


There are many reasons why I love Hannah. She is funny, sweet, kind, and fun to be with. She has a personality all her own. I love spending time with her and even as her two-year-old self, she makes me feel special when she gets happy to see me or when she runs to give me hugs. Hannah, I am so very glad you came to this world. You have brought me joy every time I see you. Thank you for being a little ray of sunshine. :)

And just before I go, enjoy this video of Hannah eating birthday cake ;)


3 comments:

AmmannFamily said...

we are SO sore too...I am so sick of hearing myself speak that it's ridiculous! I hate the first week and can't wait until it's more student-centered and less me! I hope you have a great rest of the week!!!

amy@flexibledreams said...

Awwww, those are great pics!!

Thanks for the nice words about my sweetie. She really loves you a lot!!

amyB said...

You have such a talent with kids... whether they are 2 or 12! Or 24... :)