Monday, August 18, 2008

Adventures with Emma, p. 2

Wow... I have so many blog-y things buzzing around in my head. So many ideas, so many stories, so many pictures I want to share with the blogosphere. But I have this OCD compulsion that is making it really hard to go out of order. "One thing at a time... and at the right time" is what my brain is saying. So I decided to quickly wrap up my summer in this post and keep my fingers crossed that nothing exciting or blogworthy will happen between now and when I finally get all my other things out of my head (does anyone else see a problem with this theory? because i do). Oh well, here it goes anyway.

Ok, Emma was here, we had many adventures. I already told you about the aquarium, I'm gonna wrap up the rest right now.

We took the kid to NYC!!! She had never been there before and it is a city that I LOVE! PLUS my great friend, Kodi (the art teacher at my school), was living there for the summer, so we got to hang with her. We did way too much in one day, but it was awesome. We: went to the Virgin Megastore and the giant Toys R Us in Times Square , at lunch at this incredible place in Greenwich Village, walked through Washington Square Park (CC sidenote: the whole time, all I could think of was Counting Crow's song called "Washington Square"), went and saw Hairspray on Broadway, saw Rockefeller Plaza, Radio City Music Hall, NBC studios, MTV studios, walked through Central Park (another CC sidenote: I saw Sullivan Street... another song title), saw Lincoln Center (under construction... I was mad), drank Starbucks (because it's almost a sin not to in NYC), rode the Staten Island Ferry, saw the Statue of Liberty, ate dinner in Little Italy, rode the subway an umpteenth number of times, and rode around Brooklyn behind a dump truck. Yeah, we did A LOT!!!!!! We didn't leave Brooklyn until midnight and didn't get home until after 3:30am. Needless to say, the next day Emma and I had a movie marathon and pretty much didn't get off of the couches all day. We were wiped. The epitome of our lazy came when Emma said "Can we make a cooler of drinks so we don't have to go upstairs?" Of course we did.

Another day we took a ride on the Baltimore Ducks. It is a great land and water tour of downtown Baltimore. We had a BLAST! Even living here, I would recommend this tour. It is kid-friendly, you get to see a lot of Baltimore, it goes in the water, and the drivers are hilarious! My mom just laughed at me and Emma the whole time. I was able to take some great pictures of downtown B-more from the tour. It was a great time!

Other than that, Emma and I had fun just hanging around town. I even got to introduce Emma to what a snowball is and I took her for her very first one at THE Snowball Stand (yes, the snowball stand has a blog... why? i have no idea. this is definitely not the same stand i know). She LOVED it.

Our adventures came to a short end when we had to go back to Wisconsin for my cousin Amy's wedding. (Pictures to come next entry).

All in all, a great time with my cousin! Here's to next summer... I'm going to have to come up with something good!

I love this girl :)

2 comments:

amyB said...

Wow. You are probably the coolest cousin I know...

Randy and Terry said...

OMG! I got exhausted just reading about your NYC trip! Such a great way to play. You're the best, Meghan!!