Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Adventures with Emma p.1



Ok, so I promised to blog some more about my summer adventures.

After our vacation in Wisconsin in the middle of July, my fourteen year old cousin, Emma, came back to MD with us. She did the same thing last year, and I was able to take her on a tour of DC and other areas while she was here. She was really excited to come again (and so was I!)

My relationship with Emma is hard to describe. As a teenager, I used to spend my summers in WI babysitting her while my aunt and uncle worked. It was AWESOME, and I think because of that, Emma and I have a bond that is unlike most cousins. We are really close despite our age difference, so when I say I was excited for her to come, I was REALLY excited. We are very much alike and get along so well.

Anyway, for this trip, we tried to do some things that were different than last time! For my sister's birthday, we all went to the aquarium in Baltimore.


We had a great time walking around, enjoying the Rainforest, Australia, the Atlantic tank, and, my personal favorite, the Shark tank. We couldn't go see the dolphin show because the day before a new baby dolphin was born, but we were able to experience "4D Immersion Theatre." It was so neat, I won't spoil it for you, but if you have the chance you should go. Basically, the 4th dimension is making the film feel real. It was wild.


Yay Aquarium! (Yes I did take the fish picture). Stay tuned tomorrow for my stories of my adventures with Emma! For now, I gotta go watch the Olympics. I am completely in awe of the sport of synchronized diving... wow!

No comments: