Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Return

After a long blog hiatus, I have come to the conclusion that I miss it, and I want to be able to connect with my friends (and random blog stalkers) what is new in the life of... well... me.

It is August, summer is coming to a close and now is the time for me to start looking forward to a new school year. The 2007-2008 school year provided me with many joys, obstacles, and heartache. I lost my grandmother, a student, and my role model within months of each other. This left me with no words for myself, for my God, or my blog.

But I'm coming out of the fog, slowly, but surely. This summer was a great time for reflection, rejuvenation, and adventure. It also brought me Ra and Emily back from China!!!! I feel like this school year holds a lot of promise for me (and it will be the first time I know ALL the kids in the building!).

So before school officially starts, I will post a bit about my summer in the next few days. My family vacation in the northwoods of Wisconsin was great. That place is so beautiful and serene. It was a great time with family and with nature.

I could post TONS of pictures of this beautiful and peaceful place, but I will spare you and just share a few.

This is a view from my uncle's boat on our way back to the dock. The sunsets were RIDICULOUS (and I am a sucker for those anyway)






About 3 (or maybe 4... I can't remember) we started the new tradition of a mini-golf tournament with our whole family. It's called The 'Is Cathy's' Open - named after our favorite ice cream place up there. Everyone participates, we draw names for teams, come up with team names, and then play for best team score, best overall individual score, and some funny awards. Everyone gets some kind of trophy to commemorate the event. This is a picture of our group after our tournament. My team , TNT, was the team winner! We had the best score combined!





We did a lot of fun things on vacation, but one of my favorite things was introducing my family to geocaching!
I took just my brother one day, but on our way back to Milwaukee, I made (though they were more than willing) to make two stops. We had a great time! This is us at The World's Largest Penny! From right to left: My cousin, Emma; my sister, Whitney; my Dad (who is goofy and I LOVE it); and my brother, DJ. (Mom was manning her camera, but she was there too).

Sidenote: The World's Largest Penny is such a scam. It's not even made of medal, but of stone. My sister left a note in the cache that said "The World's Largest Penny is a sham!"








Besides that, we enjoyed time in the water, walking around a few of the surrounding small towns, and fishing. I caught two of the biggest fish that we have caught since coming up north (which we've been doing since I was 5). My first one was 26 inches and this one is 28 inches!










Overall, it was a great vacation. We had some huge storms on our last night there, but when they passed it left a huge opportunity for some great pictures of the landscape. I'll only post two here, but I will post a few more in the days to come.




More to come on my summer adventures later this week.

And hey, WATCH THE OLYMPICS! :)

4 comments:

Randy and Terry said...

Oh, Meghan! I am so glad you've decided to blog again. I love being able to connect with my Grace buddies!! I'm sorry to hear you had a tough year last year, but am thrilled that you are doing better. There's nothing like that Meghan Walker smile! :)

Love or Nothing said...

meg i have frequently checked your blog in hopes of an update. and i was so excited to read a new one tonight!! and i'm stoked for this weekend-- good music with a good friend is awesome. can't wait to spend it with you!! love.

amy@flexibledreams said...

1. I'm glad you're back, I've missed you!

2. Your pictures are amazing.

3. I'm you're favorite mom?!?! You totally made my day.

Anonymous said...

I am excited that we can be blogging buddies now. Also... that is a big fish. Good work!